Man, April started off with a bang! Hank and I started our month-long vacation time on April 1st, and it seems as if the puppet master decided to play a little April Fool's on us. You see, all five of us managed to get some sort of cold/virus/sickness during the first week of April. Yep. All five of us.
Fever? Check. Nasty lung bashing coughs? Check. Barfing in the car? Check. Barfing in the bed? Check. Cold chills. Check. Double Check. Checkaroo.
Ahem. It's been fun 'round here! Good thing y'all can't catch our colds via your computer, huh?
Anyway, aside from all that phlegmy nonsense above. . . my site has been RELAUNCHED (with ZEN CART)! Woo hoo! Go see! Go see! You can find fun things like these Matchbooklets:
If you're interested in these guys, head on over to The Paper Princess and be sure to use this coupon code: BLOGPAL -- use it and receive 20% off of any order! Yes, ma'am! That's ANY ORDER! Use it for the rest of the month! :) Use it once. Use it twice!
Anyhoo. . . I've received tons of exciting e-mail about the upcoming CRAP SWAP. I will post those soon (I've been waiting for good lighting to snap pictures. . . but unfortunately SoCal is being fussy, and it's going through an April Showers/Gloom phase. Hopefully that'll clear soon.)
1. Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally?
Mostly likely I'd be frantically looking at a calendar to see where I'm supposed to be/doing. (FYI -- I've been tragically forgetful lately -- i.e. I forgot about Henry's picture day and I also bought tickets to Cirque Du Soleil for the same night as Alison's Open House (I managed to do both, btw!)).
2. Five bucks to spend right now: how would you spend it? I'd probably buy a fun mag like Domino.
3. Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you
hadn't thought of already? (In other words, cull the junk, mentally at
Oh where do I start?! Ha! Old college textbooks, maternity clothes, the infinite amount of Happy Meals toys (under my couch), old clogs that I love wearing (but they're really past their prime), and old cans of paint (I've gone through many pots of "tester" colors).
4. Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house? My ottoman (my parents received it as a wedding gift and they passed it onto me), my box of mementos/letters, my old journals (started when I was in the third grade), my kids' artwork, and of course photos.
5. Five words you love? Shenanigans, fussy, watchmemama (usually one word), love, and mama.
Oh be sure to visit Kristin's site Sew, Mama, Sew (I just finished working on the new graphics for her site). She has all the latest and greatest fabrics! And oilcloth! Oh my! Oilcloth!
And stay tuned for the CRAP SWAP!!!