Did you ever have one of those whirlwind weekends where you don't know if you're coming or going?! Or one of those weekends where you wake up with a start because ohmygodwhatdayisit? Yeah, my weekend was like that. Driving, driving, driving all over L.A.. That was a real pain in the ass.
Oh L.A. don't get me wrong. I love you. I really do.
That is, I love you when I'm not hating you or cursing you. You know, L.A., you do have some character flaws. Your freeways, those clogged arteries of our city that transport us from point A to point B at a snail's pace. A 20 mile commute that takes just over an hour and a half. On a good day. Oh yes, those are the things I
truly love truly hate about you L.A.
For you math folk, here is another representation o' my weeekend:
3(birthday parties + gifts/cards) - time management = 2 ADVIL
405 Freeway + game in the valley = EMPTY GAS TANK.
2 kids(birthday cake) - naps = HELL ON EARTH
2(Money Pit) - spouse + 3kids(Cherry Icees) - napkins = WHAT WAS I THINKING
Golly wasn't that fun?
Actually it really was fun (despite tantrums, sugar highs, sticky hands, and traffic jams)! And we were able to spend good times with people we love!
Onto Memeland, I was just tagged by Anne. This should be fun! Here goes!
Four Jobs I've Had in My Life:
• Manager of an ice cream store in beautiful Hermosa Beach.
• Teacher's Aide in Hollywood.
• Teacher (both elementary and middle, urban and rural, private and public)
• Intervention Speciailst (current job)
Four Movies I Watch Over and Over
• The Outsiders
• Waiting for Guffman
• Uncle Buck
• A Christmas Story
Four Places I've Lived:
• Los Angeles, CA
• D.F., México
• Ciudad Interlomas, México
• San Diego, CA
Four T.V. Shows I Like to Watch:
• Project Runway
• Everybody Hates Chris
• Grey's Anatomy
• Desperate Housewives
Four (Favorite) Places I've been on Vacation:
• Europe (very general, I know. I backpacked through Europe for a summer in college)
• México (Cancún, Huatulco, Ixtapa, Isla Mujeres)
• Hawaii (to see the fam)
• New Orleans, LA
Four Websites I Visit Daily
• Most of these places
Four of My Favorite Foods:
• Tito's Tacos
• Falafel Sandwiches w/ Tahini Sauce
• Macaroni and Cheese (homemade)
• Rice Krispy Treats!
Four Places I'd Rather be Right Now:
• napping on a beach in Hawaii
• napping in my hammock
• napping on the couch (after watching TiVo'd Project Runway episodes back to back)
• napping in my bed while Hank takes care of the kids for the rest of the evening!
And since we're on the topic of FOUR. Henry TURNED FOUR YEARS OLD TODAY! Woo hoo!
Everyone should have received their Gifty! partner information. If you have any questions about the theme, the cost, shipping window etc. Here is the Gifty! info link. As for the theme, "From the Heart." This could be Valentine's Day related or just something, well, something from your heart! Everybody now, "Awwwwwww!"